Home Automation Services & Control Systems Installation in Bethania
Today’s home is a smart home thanks to the technology innovations of home automation companies. Whether it’s front door locks and home protection, climate control, or appliances, your home in Bethania is now completely under your control from the office, car, or other remote locale because many home automation companies now provide a mobile app.
So your thinking about investing in home automation for your new home or remodel. Here are a few interesting things that you may not know about Home automation equipment.
1) Certain home automation equipment allows you to start small. I don't know about you but just the idea of a $50,000 price tag for home technology can be overwhelming to many people. Now while it is very easy to spend that and more on a true home automation system... it is not necessary with all systems. Many homeowners start off with using the basic brain of an automation system that will allow you to grow with it. They usually use it as a smart remote control for their home theater system. They may then add on additional home automation modules as they see fit and can afford to. Down the road a few light switches can be added in to the system. Even further down the road you can tie in your security system & thermostats. Some people even add music throughout their home with this system. Just remember that you can start off your home automation with one project at a time-- yet still have a system that integrates everything seamlessly.
2) Certain systems allow you to turn on your television and see a copy of every DVD movie that you own. When you combine them with the Sony 400 disc DVD player, the system accesses the Internet and automatically searches for the DVD jackets cover art. Now you no longer have to look for your movies or worry about them getting scratched by the kids. The Movies stay in the DVD player all of the time. All you have to do is turn on the TV and with your Controller-- simply click on the "video" button. Instantly you will see a picture of every DVD movie you own. Choose a movie by clicking on it & the system does everything else. No more wrestling with 6 remote controls.
3) Some Controllers use Wi-fi, Ethernet and a relatively unheard of technology called...Zigbee 802.15.4 mesh networking standard. Believe it or not the name "ZigBee" is comes from zig- zag patterns made by bees when they go flower to flower to collect pollen. This is similar to the invisible webs of connections existing in a fully wireless Zigbee system. So what that means in simple English is that the more Zigbee devices you add to the system...the stronger the connection will be since each device will feed off of the next. All of the lighting dimmers are Zigbee based. The LCD keypads may be Zigbee based or hard wired via Ethernet.
4) What does this mean for you? Zigbee technology means that if you live in an existing home that does not give you access to run wires for home automation technology...you still can use this system. By taking advantage of the Zigbee protocol and Wi-fi, you can add complete home automation to your house including your lighting, thermostats, security and movies. In fact, if you want to add zones of distributed audio (music in other rooms) there is even something called a wireless Speaker Point. This allows you to deliver remote audio throughout the home without running any wires back to your audio source.
5) These systems afre very user friendly. You do not have to have an engineering degree to use it. In fact... I have had clients choose it instead of some of the more expensive systems just for its simplicity and ease of use.
Home automation and smart home technology are here to stay. Why not look for an affordable home automation system that can grow with you, add value to your home and give you pleasure at the same time.
Home Automation and Security
The continual progress and glamour of technology never cease to amuse us, yet the most rudimentary hurdle faced by every enthusiastic customer (especially in the Indian context) is "Is my money worth it?" Did you ever think that home automation is just an extravagant, eye-catching contrivance without bearing any compelling needs or consequences? If so, then it is time for you to reconsider your opinion and have an informed idea as to what Home Automation is and how crucial it is in the context of pocket-friendly energy bills and smart security of your systems.
The technology that makes home automation possible can be overwhelming. In this article, we de-mystify this area for the layman.
Strengthen your understanding of home automation
Without going into much jargon, Home Automation refers to the application of technology to monitor and control several items around your house. Imagine what if everything (not just computers and smartphones) but lights, appliances, electrical outlets, doors, locks, surveillance systems etc. could all be tethered together to a remotely controllable network? The "Smart Home" is usually backed up by internet connectivity and cloud services, and they are a part of what modern-day IT industry calls " Internet of Things" (IoT). The Home automation system usually has 3 components:
Sensors: to detect changes in temperature, voltage, daylight etc,
Controllers: to send and transmit information eg. computers, smartphones etc.
Actuators: to control the mechanism of the automation system.
What can be automated?
Broadly speaking, automation can range from typical mundane events (like programming your front door lock to let you know when your child returns from home) to events like getting a text message when your security system is jeopardised! But for the time being let's discuss automation pertaining to your electricity consumption as follows:-
Lighting: Motion sensors to switch on lights when needed and switch off when rooms are vacant. Ex. Sensor-based LEDs that switch off automatically
Heating/cooling: Smart devices to learn your preferred temperature ranges and also their timings.Automatically turns down when you are away from home
Appliances and equipment control: Stand-by power controllers with smart power boards that automatically turn off when appliance is not in operating mode.
Energy monitoring: Information on energy consumption (known from the meter board) is transmitted wirelessly to a controller, which allows the user to view the cost,estimated greenhouse emission and also the renewable energy generated by PV solar cells.
Following the trends of what has been discussed above, every electrical device can be automatically powered down when not needed. Thus automated homes are more energy efficient than conventional homes.An energy efficient home can reclaim the amount spent on automation within two to three years from the reduced power consumption. Some studies have revealed that you can enjoy upto 40-60% reduction in your electricity consumption with home automation.
On a concluding note, we may say that with the advent of modern equipment and technology, home automation is becoming more and more affordable and customized for purchase, rather than being constrained to affluent fantasies. Not only does it ensure security and cozy lifestyle but on a longer run it helps you to go green by the virtue of energy-efficiency and eco-friendliness.
Home Automation - No More The Privilage Of A Wealthy Few
Let us bring your home in Bethania into the future of technology. Contact us today at for a free estimate for your smart home automation project.
Discount Smart Home Solutions Bethania